RIFNA (Riders Interscholastic Federation of North America, Inc.) is a national organization whose mission is to introduce and expand equestrian sports to students in grades 6-12. RIFNA assists barns and educational institutions to create equestrian clubs. RIFNA riders must maintain the educational standards of other athletes in their schools.
Riders Interscholastic Federation of North America, Inc. (RIFNA) is a national organization that functions as an interscholastic governing body between schools and farms to promote and award college scholarships to student riders of all riding levels and economic backgrounds the opportunity to:
Participate in an organized interscholastic equestrian club, sanctioned by RIFNATake riding lessons in up to three disciplines (Western, Dressage, Hunter/Equitation) from a RIFNA Coach Ride and compete at RIFNA facilities
- Gain show experience and confidence by competing in RIFNA sponsored meets and shows locally and nationally that are run in an intercollegiate format.
- Be recognized as athletes in their schools by working with the state governing board to meet the requirements necessary to become a sport
- Gain access to various sources of college funding, including the awarding of scholarships directly from RIFNA
- Learn the basics of barn management by involving students in the day-to-day care of the horse, horse stall, and equipment
- Attend educational clinics to further the student’s knowledge of horses and horseback riding
I need to know who is interested in joining the RIFNA team.
There is a $50.00 annual fee per rider (paid to RIFNA with application).Each show your child competes in will average $40.00. Click for Riders Application.
RIFNA is open to Middle School and High School students. If you are interested I need to know the name of your school and district. Home Schoolers are listed as Independents.
Filed under RIFNA by